The Basics of Climate-Wise Activities LTP7234-3002 27.09.2021-10.12.2021 5 cr(KAKS21, ...)+-
- Student masters phenomena related to climate change and how to utilize system thinking on tackling climate change.
- Student can evaluate climate effects of different actors and activities and receive tools for future foresight.
- Student knows the basics of the calculation of greenhouse gas emission and is able to develop and innovate actions on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Student recognizes the importance of sustainable development and corporate and social responsibility in climate change mitigation.
- After the course student has find out new ways to evaluate climate impacts on different levels and promote sustainable measures and climate friendly operations.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
- Climate change as a phenomenon, impacts of climate change, climate debate, link between climate change and other environmental problems
- Climate policy at different levels
- Greenhouse gas emissions and their sources
- Basics of calculating greenhouse gas emissions (organization/company, building, product)
- Climate change mitigation as a part of sustainable development
- Climate change as a part of corporate and social responsibility
Mode of delivery
Wärtsilä Campus Karjalankatu 3
27.09.2021 - 10.12.2021
01.04.2021 - 30.04.2021
10 - 50
Degree Programme in Energy and Environmental Engineering