- know how to make the best of the services and learning environments provided by your UAS.
- know the curriculum and policies of your degree programme.
- know the people involved in counselling and how to find support if you need it.
- know the services and activities provided by the student union (POKA).assume responsibility for your studies, professional growth, learning abilities, well-being and coping with studies.
- integrate well with your study group and the whole learning community and contribute positively to your learning environment.
- know the Degree Regulations of Karelia UAS and conduct yourself as a mature university student observing good manners and best professional practice.know the principles and procedures of the recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- understand the process of how to plan your studies and are able to create your own individual study plan (ISP).
- are able to self-reflect and assess your own competences and professional development and understand how development discussions (appraisals) relate to processional practice
- curriculum and implementation plans, teaching modes and methods, professional practice, and workplace policies and rules
- Use of data networks, Karelia.fi, PAKKI student portal, study register, ISP (HOPS), Moodlerooms, email, schedules, Exam and Karelia intranet
- studies at an institution of higher education, field-specific information on studies, counselling, student welfare officer, social benefits for students, services provided by the third sector organisations such as Lutheran parishes, Library and Information Services, internationalization services and the Student Union POKA
- Degree Regulations, general principles and policies, and generic and field-specific competences
- overview of professional practices and conventions of the fieldlearning skills, styles and strategies
- student autonomy, assessment of personal learning skills and styleslife, time and stress management
- learning in groups, teams, pairs and in projectsdesigning an individual study plan (ISP)international students in Finland