Game Development Basics LTD7012-3001 30.08.2021-17.10.2021 5 cr(LTDNS20P)+-
- You know how to carry out a game development project using game engine.
- You know central GUI elements of games and know how to implement them using game engine.
- You identify different assets used in game development.
- You can implement a 2D game character using a game engine.
- You can program functionality for simple 2D game using visual scripting.
- You recognize main game genres and their sub genres.
- You recognize different roles a game programmer can have.
- You can handle sound assets using game engine.
- You are familiar with different target platforms for games.
- You know what gamification means.
- You identify different game design methods.
- You can create game levels using game engine.
- You know how different phases of a game development project are related to each other.
- You can utilize version control to store and backup your game development project.
- You can create game objects from existing and imported assets in a game engine.
- Game design.
- Implementation of a 2D-game.
- Visual Scripting.
- Game engine utilization.
Mode of delivery
Wärtsilä Campus Karjalankatu 3
30.08.2021 - 17.10.2021
01.04.2021 - 30.04.2021
20 - 60
Degree Programme in Business Information Technology