Data Structures and Algorithms I LTD7004-3001 01.09.2021-22.10.2021 5 cr(LTDNS20I)+-
After completing the course:
- Student understands the importance of algorithms and can analyse asymptotic time complexity of simple algorithms.
- Student can select and reason about a correct data structure (abstract data type) for an application and use the chosen structure efficiently.
- Student can use efficiently the standard library of his/her programming language.
- Student knows and can implement most common abstract data types, list, tree, and set.
- Student can design and implement an algorithm for a simple problem.
- Student can search, select, and apply a proper algorithm from literature for given problem.
- Student knows the principle of recursion and can implement a recursive algorithm.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Programming I and III, or similar skills. Recommended Programming II, or similar skills.
- Algorithms and running time analysis.
- Abstract data types.
- Implementing data structures.
- Searching and sorting algorithms.
- Simple recursive algorithms.
Mode of delivery
Wärtsilä Campus Karjalankatu 3
01.09.2021 - 22.10.2021
01.04.2021 - 30.04.2021
1 - 60
Degree Programme in Business Information Technology