- learns to make observations about their living environment
- understands the importance of building expectation in storytelling
- masters the basic principles of both open and closed dramatic structure
- understands the structure, content, expression and medium
- is able to apply key dramaturgical tools to his / her scripts in different media
- learns the principles of constructive teamwork
- learns how to give and how to receive feedback.
- is able to reason one's choices and respects choices that others have made.
During the course the student will:
- Perform observation tasks.
- Write small-scale exercises on different instruments.
- Study the basics of storytelling, the creation of anticipation and the use of a closed dramatic structure in different media.
- Study the basics of screenwriting and dramaturgy.
- Study open dramaturgy in different media.
- Investigate the relationship between structure, content, expression and instrument.